1. The working belt must be ground and polished before the mold is put on the machine. The working belt generally requires polishing to the mirror surface. Before assembling the flatness and perpendicularity of the mold work belt, the industrial aluminum profile should be inspected. To a certain extent, the quality of nitriding determines the polishing finish of the work belt. The mold cavity must be cleaned with high-pressure gas and a brush, and there must be no dust or foreign objects. Otherwise, the work belt will be easily pulled down by the metal flow, and the extruded profile products will appear rough or scratched.
2. During the extrusion production, the mold holding time is generally about 2-3 hours, but not more than 8 hours, otherwise, the hardness of the nitride layer of the working belt of the mold will be reduced, which will result in the rough surface of the profile and serious industrial aluminum profile. Will cause defects such as scribing.
3. Adopt the correct alkali washing (mold cooking) method. After the mold is unloaded, the mold temperature is above 500°C. If it is immediately immersed in the alkaline water, the temperature of the alkaline water is much lower than the mold temperature. If the mold temperature drops rapidly, the mold is prone to cracking. The correct method is to wait for the mold to be unloaded and place the mold in the air to 100°-150°C and then immerse it in alkaline water.
4. Optimize the extrusion process. To scientifically extend the life of molds, the rational use of molds for production is an aspect that cannot be ignored. Because the working conditions of the extrusion die are extremely bad, reasonable measures must be taken to ensure the organizational performance of the die in the extrusion production.
5. The mold must be treated with a reasonable surface nitriding process in the early stage of use. Surface nitriding treatment can make the mold greatly increase the surface hardness of the mold while maintaining sufficient toughness, so as to reduce thermal wear when the mold is used. It should be noted that the surface nitriding is not completed at one time. During the service of the mold, nitriding treatment must be repeated 3-4 times. The thickness of the nitriding layer is generally about 0.15mm.
6. The use intensity of the mold is from low to high to low. When the mold has just entered the service period, the internal metal structure performance is still in the floating stage. During this period, the industrial aluminum profile should adopt a low-strength operation plan to make the mold transition to a stable period.
7. The use and maintenance records of strong molds in the extrusion production process, perfect the tracking record files and management of each set of molds. Extrusion dies are scrapped from the factory inspection and received at the end of use. The intermediate time is as short as several months and as long as more than one year. Basically, the used record of the mold also records the various processes of profile production.
8. Choose a suitable extrusion machine for production. Before the extrusion production, the profile section needs to be fully calculated, and the tonnage size of the extruder is determined according to the complexity of the profile section, the wall thickness, and the extrusion coefficient λ.
9. The cross-section of the profile extrusion machine itself is ever-changing, and the aluminum extrusion industry has developed to this day. Aluminum alloys have important advantages such as lightweight and good strength. At present, many industries have used aluminum profiles to replace the original materials. Due to the particularity of some profiles, the mold is difficult to design and manufacture due to the special profile section.
10. Reasonable selection of ingot billet and heating temperature. The alloy composition of the extruded billet must be strictly controlled. At present, general enterprises require the ingot grain size to reach the first-class standard to enhance plasticity and reduce anisotropy.
Extrusion Aluminum Profile